Ages & Stages
Help Everyone in Roanoke Valley Thrive
Your donation helps more people thrive. Thank you for making our community stronger!
Partnering with parents
Because your child's first 5 years of life are so important, we want to help you provide them with their best start!
Ages & Stages Questionnaires®, Third Edition (ASQ®-3) is a developmental screening tool designed for use by early educators and health care professionals. It relies on parents as experts, is easy-to-use, family-friendly and creates the snapshot needed to catch delays and celebrate milestones.
- ASQ-3 questionnaires are available in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- take just 10–15 minutes for parents to complete and 2–3 minutes for professionals to score
- capture parents’ in-depth knowledge
- highlight a child’s strengths as well as concerns
- teach parents about child development and their own child’s skills
- highlight results that fall in a “monitoring zone,” to make it easier to keep track of children at risk
- can be completed at home, in a waiting room, during a home visit, or as part of an in-person or phone interview.
Results of screening and suggested activities will be provided within two weeks of submission.
This service is provided only for families who live within the Greater Roanoke region (Roanoke City, Roanoke County, Botetourt County, Salem, Vinton, Craig County, Allegany County and Franklin County).
Visit the screening here!
When parents sign up they get 3 to 5 text messages per week with information from experts and ideas for local activities.
Sign Up for Bright By Text
Text UWROANOKE to 274448
Benefits and Features
3 to 5 texts per week
Child development information and advice from early childhood professionals
Ideas for games and local events
Content is available for children pre-birth through age 8
Texts will help parents and caregivers build positive relationships with children
Information to get kids ready to be their best at school
Be In the Know - Get Connected!
Sign up to receive information about how your support changes lives in our community!