Help Everyone in Roanoke Valley Thrive
Your donation helps more people thrive. Thank you for making our community stronger!
Infant & Toddler Specialist Network
The Goals Of The VA Infant & Toddler Specialist Network
- Improve quality of care and education that infants and toddlers receive in child day centers and family day homes
- Increase education and competency of infant and toddler caregivers, teachers, and directors
- Increase use of strategies and practices by caregivers, teachers, directors, and families to promote the social emotional development of infants and toddlers
- Increase community connections that enhance awareness and use of available resources/services that support healthy, safe, and nurturing care for infants and toddlers
- Expand services that are effective and implemented in an efficient and accountable manner
Services & Resources
Infant and toddler specialists provide three levels of service designed to strengthen the capacity of early care and education programs to deliver high quality services:
Level 1: On-site consultation services including mentoring and support using quality improvement plans
Level 2: Training and technical assistance to groups of caregivers/teachers and directors
Level 3: Resources and linkages to existing professional development opportunities
To request services, click here.
This project was supported by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) Grant # 93.575, with funds made available to Virginia from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Points of view or opinions contained within this document are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official position of policies of VDOE of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Be In the Know - Get Connected!
Sign up to receive information about how your support changes lives in our community!